Shalheveth's community model for non institutional, independent living is
Our streamlined approach saves the Government of Israel over $225,000 yearly.
WHAT SETS US APART
Shalheveth enables adults with severe disabilties to lead a life of autonomy and self-governance, living within the community, by providing them with the necessary opportunities, appropriate frameworks and support services.
Shalheveth empowers independent living in a non institutional framework that enables the wheelchair bound adult to live and grow in dignity and in realization of his or her full potential
Shalheveth began its unique activities in 1986 when a small group of resolute individuals decided to improve the quality of life for adults with severely physical disabilities.
* INDEPENDENT LIVING
* AUTONOMOUS LIVING and decision making
* INTEGRATION in the community
* INTERACTION with neighbours
* Improvement in QUALITY OF LIFE
* WORK and volunteer opportunities
* Active INVOLVEMENT in community activities
* Acquisition of social and emotional tools to nurture
MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS with significant others
and enable CREATION OF PARTNERSHIPS.
* Empowerment to ASSIST others (e.g. neighbours)
* A sense of BELONGING
* Increased SELF-CONFIDENCE
* Opportunities to take advantage of PROFESSIONAL